Attempting Mesh Hair

12:49 PM

I really would like to release mesh hair for aridoki, but while there are many videos available for modeling hair there are nearly none about modeling hair for second life.  After watching many close videos I really took to this one, about modeling mesh hair the Sims, which is very close to second life.

So I attempted to create a short bob which doesn't look anything like the reference picture I chose. I started out in Photoshop, using the smudge tool and brush to create a couple of hair textures.

I had one with a straight across fringe for straight cuts like bangs and stuff.  Than a more feathered and longer strand for length; and one long one with no edge for more solid pieces of hair.

I saved it as a targe with an alpha map.

Then I imported it into Blender and applied it to every plane I subdivided and modeled with.  Using the textured planes really helped me visualize where I was going with the model.


With the Default Avatar in Blender the Hair looked kind of weird.



It looked much better in-world, but I still had transparency issues....  And so ends my first attempt.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe